Make Jumping Fun!
1. Tug of War: Grab a friend and get tugging… try pulling backwards, forwards, with only one hand or hopping on one foot!
2. Walk the Line: Lay the rope on the ground and try to follow its path. A straight will be easiest, or challenge yourself with curves and zigzags!
3. Multi-directional Jumps: Lay out 2 ropes in a cross, making 4 sections. Jump from one section to another. Jump backwards, forwards or diagonally. Keep your feet together when you jump or challenge yourself by hopping on one foot!
4. Helicopter: Hold onto one end of the rope and swing is around in a circle low to the ground. Can your friends jump over the rope without touching it? Raise the rope higher with each revolution.
5. Classic Jump Rope: Jump with your feet together, jump on one foot, jump while alternating feet, stay in one place or skip around. How many revolutions can you make in one jump?
Share this article: